We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One last Push

Being amazing procrastinators, I'm actually kind of surprised that we have used the time here in Mexico to our best advantage. Back in Oct. 08, I wrote about my/our goals while we were in Mexico. I wanted to be sure that when I came back I would have an amazing story to tell. Rather than just starting every conversation with, "when we were in Mexico..." which would probably annoy all of our current friends and family and make it hard to make new friends, I would ideally like to have some truly interesting stories to tell.
It probably won't happen but a girl can dream, right?

So how many of those goals were accomplished?

Super thankful that almost everything happened: I can speak Spanish well enough to figure out a newspaper and follow a dinner conversation with a few people. Also well enough to work at a job with "Spanish language fluency required" or teach Spanish without working nearly as hard as I used to.
We have traveled all over Mexico: Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula/Merida, Puebla, Aguascalientes, Taxco, Guanajuato/Leon, Valle de Bravo, and Mexico City.
I got to teach Social Studies, the subject I actually majored in, and loved it! I also got to make significant changes to the school library, and loved that, too.
I read a lot of books - many more than I normally can when I'm working full time. Caught up on scrapbooking, finished writing my book, and spent trips home visiting with people more than accomplishing errands.

Now that we have only a few weeks or months left in Mexico, we need to make sure that we can finish the rest of our goals. Can we do it?

No comments: