We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Embracing Change

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/personal/01/11/rs.10.ways.embrace.change/index.html Some information in this post is taken from an article which can be found at the link above.

Coming to Mexico was a huge change for me. Now that I love it here, and we've been here for a while, it's hard to imagine how scared I was to come here. But sometimes I can remember how frightened I was to drive, how unsure I was about my Spanish, how confused I was by the cell phones, and how frustrated I was by the lack of assistance by the relocation company or the U.S. embassy. Now that we're moving back, I'm nervous about what the next year will bring. Thankfully, after a few crazy moves and lifestyle changes in the last 5 years, God is finally helping me to be patient. I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing this time next year, but I know that it can be a really exciting adventure.

So, this is what I'm trying to do as we prepare for the next step in the adventure we call life:
keep up routines as much as possible
try not to worry about stuff I don't know
imagine lots of possible positive scenarios
ask people for their advice
try new things

Whatever is worrying you right now about the next step in your life, please know that God has an amazing plan - even if there are some missteps in the meantime.

No comments: