We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sandy's plans

We teach a lot of Korean students. Long story, but most of them are disenfranchised with the Korean educational system, but can't get visas for their families to immigrate to the U.S. So they come here to learn English and get an American diploma.

Sandy could speak about 5 English words last year. This past summer, she went to English language institute in Korea and now her English is pretty good. She is currently in the 8th grade. This is her journal from last week.

When I am older, I want to be teacher and I want get big house to live. Also I want marry when I am older. But I don't want a get children because I don't like child. If my brother or my friend get child, it's ok. I'll like them, but me, I don't want child

A little feminist in the making. :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

and nothing makes me smile more!