We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Roommates

With the right lighting and costume designer, I could be living an episode of "Desperate Housewives"! There are two guys staying at my house right now, while my husband is away on business. Normally, this would be either a top-secret quirk or some generous act of hospitality, but in this case it's just one more thing to make me completely crazy.
The only reasons I'm still sane:
a) dave's ok with it
b) it's only temporary
c) they both speak engineer, which I'm used to
d) I can now watch Law & Order SVU after dark and still fall asleep before midnight.
the not nearly so exciting nor benevolent reason they're here: they're renting our house for the next two years while we're gone, and their old leases expired May 31. So, Dave's in Mexico, the new guys are in our house, and I'm in limbo for 2 weeks while I finish my job.
I totally should have quit sooner.

No comments: