We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming!

Dave comes in on Friday!!! I am so excited. It has been soooo long! I am totally excited to see him, and show off all the hard work I've been doing to be ready for the move - and then I remember that if Friday is almost here then Sunday is almost here and Sunday is when I actually move. Huh.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited. Sure I'm excited! But I'm also really scared. I'm excited for Friday - but Sunday's coming.

I'm also often asked if I'm ready. I want to answer with witty comment about how none of us are ever truly ready, but it always seems to fall flat. I'm ready for Friday - but Sunday's coming.

BTW - My title phrase first coined by Tony Campolo was meant to be an inspiring message about Christian faith. When things are down and depressing, like they were on Good Friday, just remember - Sunday's coming! Christians will always have trials, but the promise is for something amazing in this life or the next.

Only in my case it's the opposite - Friday will bring rejoicing & Sunday will bring tears. Hello, Friday. Good-bye, Sunday.
It's (almost) Friday - but Sunday's coming!

1 comment:

Beth- the mama bee said...

What an exciting time for you!