We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Puzzles

Before we moved to Mexico, I ordered a special puzzle of our house in AA. The puzzle is a map with our house as the center piece and the 3 mile radius of our house, including major streets, schools, parks, shopping centers, rivers, etc. I thought it would be a fun thing to do if we got homesick. Also, I knew that we would not have TV or internet at our house for the first few weeks after we arrived.
We just put the puzzle together this weekend.



The puzzle didn't arrive in time to go on the moving truck. Then, it didn't arrive on time for our summer '08 visit. Then, it didn't fit in our suitcases after our Christmas '08 visit. Finally, the poor puzzle did make it to Mexico June '09 - nearly 5 months ago. Now that we have satellite TV & internet at home, as well as friends in the area and lots of travel plans, we haven't had a lot of weekends to stay home and do puzzles.
This weekend, Dave was sick, so we did stay home. And it turns out that once he starts on a puzzle, he won't stop until he's done! It must be his engineering talents.
While I'm worried about all the pieces of my life that I'll have to put back together when we move home next year, Dave can calmly wait until after we move back. Then, he can calmly evaluate all of the options and decide (calmly again) on what step he wants to take.
I look at all of the pieces and get pretty desperate and overwhelmed by the options in front of me.
Somehow I think that I need to pray a little more and worry a little less. Maybe trust that the puzzle really will come together, even if it's a little later than I'd planned and a little more work that I wanted.

No comments: