We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

At the final faculty party, the teachers who were leaving received presents from the board. (It is kind of telling that in a staff of 8, it's normal for 3 teachers to leave each year)

These are handcrafted pewter frames from a town near where we lived. Thankfully I had room in my tight suitcases for a 5-pound picture frame!

My last day was a week before the end of school. (I just couldn't stay for such an emotional week. it was too much.) I tried to get a picture with every kid, but
2 left before I got the camera out.

7th & 8th graders (missing D)


9th & 10th graders (with everyone!)


11th & 12th graders (missing B)


After school, my best teacher friends - the ones at the apartments who hosted me for 5 weeks over my last 2 months in Mexico - took Dave & I out to dinner. This was a delicious restaurant and a bittersweet time together.


This restaurant was full of witty quotes. They're all in Spanish, of course, so I won't share all of my pictures. (Dave says that one in the men's bathroom, above the urinal, said "the future of Mexico is in your hands" which I honestly thought was hilarious)


Much money, little work, cheap tequila - long live Mexico!t

No comments: