We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Perspective

We try to listen to "Michigan Radio" every morning - the highly awarded NPR station we've been members of for a few years now. It's a little tricky in Mexico and involves some internet procedures I don't understand, but it's great when it works.

This morning they had a great story on Mexico. Of course, this story is from a North American reporter written for a North American audience, which is what makes it really fun for us. One of the first lines of the story caught my attention, even in my half-awake state:
I've spent a lot of time in Mexico, and this is not like any other event I've ever seen. Not only does it start exactly on time, the organizers are sticklers for safety and follow every rule of the road.

Also, everyone she interviewed spoke English. I'm thinking that Tijuana may be in the same country, but it's a world away from where we live!

Check out the story:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111100400&ps=cprs

No comments: