We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tonight at the restaurant...

I knew I had been in Mexico for a while when I...
- thought the gal who took our order had a really good American accent
- saw everyone standing awestruck in front of the big-screen TV and thought "must be a world cup finalist game"

I knew I was in Ann Arbor when I...
- saw that everyone was intently watching Pres. Obama play basketball in his backyard
- the "burger of the month" was a homemade black bean patty

I knew I was in the U.S. when I...
- ordered a water and got an empty plastic cup (to fill myself from the spout for free)
- figured out that Pres. Obama playing bball was a commercial during the NCAA basketball semi-finals

*sigh* Reverse culture shock has already sunk in!

No comments: