We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Future Plans

As this post is published, big changes are happening in our house.

After nearly 2 years of living in our beautiful house in Metepec, Edo. de Mexico, Mexico, we are packing up. David's "tour of duty" in Mexico is just about over. I'll be staying with friends to finish up the school year here. (As much as I'd love to work somewhere else, God seems determined to keep me here a while longer.)

We have absolutely loved Mexico. We love the sunshine, the friendliness, the beauty, the colors, the food, the music, the language, the history, and the culture. If I could find a better paying job, I just might sign up for a longer stay. Unfortunately, we have known from the time we arrived that our time here was short.

What we have accomplished:
- we now speak Spanish well enough to socialize for up to 4 hours completely in Spanish, visit an history museum with only Spanish-language displays, watch CNN en Espanol and understand what is happening, and fully participate in a Spanish-language protestant liturgical worship service
- we have visited most of Mexico (26 out of 32 states plus the capital and nearly every major city)
- we have learned more about Mexican history and politics than most Mexicans know (I'm teaching Mexican history!)


I also learned how to write a blog. In fact, due to popular demand (since I only have like 5 readers, I figured 3 was a majority...) I've been blogging 5 days a week for the past 6 months. This has been a LOT of fun.
BUT, the time for daily blogging has come to a close. I'll be posting about once a week through April and May, but then our Mexico adventure will be over. For now.

I truly hope that we will have another adventure to share with all of you very soon.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I've loved being along for the ride. I'm grateful we've been able to be friends and coworkers during this time - and I look forward to visiting y'all in Ann Arbor someday!

Beth- the mama bee said...

It's been fun 'traveling' with you!