We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What a cutie!

My niece (and her parents, my brother & sister-in-law) came to school with me today. She was a huge hit with my students! Everyone wanted to play with the baby! She stole the show in my classroom, where students would take any excuse not to learn algebra :) The most amazing thing - all of my male students who wanted to hold her and speak baby talk! Big, tough teenagers who are too cool to do much of anything were kissing her fingers and speaking baby talk and trying to entertain her.
She also turned heads at the park. There were Jewish babies, and Irish babies, and French babies, and of course, North American babies. But Alyssa was definitely the cutest! Although the mexicans were very concerned.
Their major surprise - "look how white she is!"
Also, wondering why she had so much skin exposed to the sunshine. (My sister-in-law was wondering why the mexican women bundled their babies in 80-degree weather!)

1 comment:

Claire said...

aw, i'm sad i missed meeting them! i hope y'all have had a great week :)