We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time, Time, Time,

I was home sick on Tuesday (nothing serious) with too much time on my hands. I was sick enough to keep me from doing much of anything - shopping, exercising, cooking, organizing, etc. But I wasn't sick enough to spend the entire day in bed sleeping. So I spent too many hours realizing just how much I need to work. There was too much time to do nothing. There were too many shows on TV to motivate me to leave the couch. 9 hours waiting for david did not make me a happy or fulfilled person.

Then, this week at work became super crazy! Being gone for a day put me behind, but then grades were due, we had a teacher meeting, I need to propose curriculum for next year for Math and Social Studies, I led a research paper class for the high school, and musical practice starts about now. All in all, I'm working more hours than I have in a long time.

Living here has helped me see Time in a new way. Everyone has their own sense of "too much" or "too little" to do, but for me, I need to be busy without being crowded.

No comments: