We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's not really beginning to look even a little bit like Christmas, actually

Yeah, so I'm doing all I can to get ready for Christmas:
- send Christmas cards check
- finish Christmas shopping check
- staff Christmas party check
- tickets bought & bags packed almost checked
- finalizing all visiting plans check
- eating green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, etc. check
- letting a pointsettia die on my desk check
- listening to hours of Christmas songs every day check
- wearing my jingle bell earrings, which honestly scare me if I move too quickly check
- watching sermon from the states on the internet to "prepare" me for Christ's birth check
NOT WORKING!
yeah, so it's chilly here and all, but come on! It's still like 60 degrees every day! The leaves never fall, it doesn't even rain this time of year. It feels like September. Like eternal September. Like no matter what I do, I'm living in a freakin' Mexican version of Groundhog Day, where every day is exactly like the one before.
I need a good, cold, Michigan kick-in-the-pants to get ready for this holiday season!

No comments: