We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Shack

Ok, if you haven't read "The Shack" by William Young, you need to read it. ASAP.

This highly controversial novel tells the story of a man consumed by grief and anger directed towards God after the brutal murder of his young daughter. Like most of us, he wonders why God allows evil to happen and why it seems like evil people cause good people so much grief. He wants God to offer grace and forgivness through Christ to good people, like his wife and kids, but not to bad people, like murderers. He can only start to understand God by developing a relationship with him. This book is the story of that relationship.

I wouldn't read this book instead of going to church or reading the bible, but it has a lot of great truths and interesting insights. I laughed, I cried, I can't stop thinking about it.

I think I'll read it again.

No comments: