We enjoyed Mexico's hospitality, and now we're back in the states spreading the joy of living south of the border!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Nissan Comments

We get a lot of comments about Nissan. Mainly, bc small talk always involves why we are here, in Mexico, which of course is bc of Nissan. But also, bc Nissan is the number 2 car company here in MX, so we're about as popular as if Germans came to Detroit to work for BMW or something.

The following are all real comments. Again, I couldn't make this up if I tried.

"I like Nissans. I never feel like I'm about to be kidnapped when I'm driving one" - said by a little old lady at church.

"You let her take your car??!!" - asked incredulously by Dave's coworkers (it's very against latino machismo to loan your car to your woman - but not nearly as bad as loaning either your woman or your car to someone else...)

"I'm not sure you should be driving such a big car" - told to me in Spanish, and in English, about our Nissan Altima, which is aparantly more than this lil' lady can handle.

"The car you're driving now is a lot nicer than the cars you tell us stories about, Ms. Kelly" - from a student after hearing about the cars I drove in HS & college
"Don't worry - I'll have another small used one when I go home" I assured him

No comments: